How the Program Works
Please register your school to gain access to your account
- Register on behalf of your school. Getting certified is fast, easy and free to any registered school in Saskatchewan.
- Select your school from the list, confirm your address, add contact details, agree to terms and indicate how many bins you require.
- Once registered, you have full access to the website and dashboard. If you requested bins, you will be contacted when they are ready to be picked up.
- Drop off empty beverage containers at your local SARCAN depot. Use your receipt to track your refunds on your dashboard.
- Share your school's recycling story with us for a chance to win a $1,000 prize for your school. See full contest details here.
Frequently Asked Questions
Who can register in the School Program?
All elementary and high schools in Saskatchewan are eligible to register and participate in the SARCAN School Recycling Program.
How does a school register for the Program?
This year's program will run from September 8, 2020 to May 31, 2021. To register, find your school from the drop-down list, confirm details, provide contact information and agree to terms. Click here to register.
What do participants receive when they register for the School Program?
Your school will receive the following items free of charge:
- Up to three recycling bins (if requested)
- Option to enter "SARCAN School Superheroes" Story contest.
- Access to the dashboard, which includes tools & tips and a tracking system to record your containers returned and deposit earned.
I've registered, now how do I enter bottle return data for my school?
- Click the "Login" button that can be found in the top menu and enter your username and password, which were supplied to you by email upon registering in the program.
- Once logged in, navigate to the "dashboard" and click the "Report Containers" button
- Now, enter the data from your receipts into the appropriate boxes on the reporting form.
Do I have to enter the contest?
No, there is no requirement to enter the contest. But, we would love to be able to promote the good work your school is doing and enter your school to win one of the $1,000 prizes.
I’m a really small school and we don’t collect many containers. Do I still have a chance at winning the contest?
Yes, a school of any size has a chance to win our contest. The winning stories will be judged by a set of criteria, including creativity, impact and engagement of students.
What can our school win?
If you enter the new story telling contest, your school could win a cash prize of $1,000. Three prizes will be awarded for Elementary schools, and two for High Schools.
How will we receive our recycling bins?
Your recycling bins will be sent to your nearest SARCAN depot within 6-8 weeks of registering for the Program (depending on the number of orders placed). The team at your local SARCAN depot will contact you once your bins are ready to be picked up.
How do I assemble the recycling bins?
Here is a downloadable PDF that outlines how to assemble the bottoms and tops of the recycling bins. Acrobat Document: Bin_Lid_Instruction_Sheet.pdf
How big are the bins?
- The bin dimensions when fully assembled are 14" x 14" x 32".
I have forgotten my username or password, how do I retrieve it?
When you are at the web page that asks for your username and password (see above), click the link, "Forgot password?". A procedure will begin that will let you change your password. Simply follow the instructions provided at that time.