Celebrate Waste Reduction Week with SARCAN!
Every year SARCAN is proud to celebrate Waste Reduction Week in Canada. The purpose of Waste Reduction Week in Canada is to celebrate our environmental efforts and to help motivate ourselves and our communities to learn more about living waste free.
From October 21st to October 27th join us as we share information and ideas to reduce waste in our school, work, and personal lives. This week is about creating solutions to the many environmental challenges we face including climate change, water pollution and preservation of natural resources.
What can you do?
Schools across Canada each year celebrate Waste Reduction Week in a variety of ways. Your school can join Waste Reduction Week too!
- Proclaim Waste Reduction Week at your school.
- Get ideas and resources to lessen your waste footprint by visiting the Waste Reduction Week website.
- Start a green team to lead waste reduction and recycling at your school.
- Visit the Saskatchewan Waste Reduction Council’s website to find out about where everything in your community can be recycled.
- Host or attend a Waste Reduction Week event in your community.
- Set up recycling stations in your school, using bins provided by SARCAN.
- Tour an environmental organization in your community, such as a reuse store, food bank, or recycling facility.
Join Waste Reduction Week in Canada this year and help bring about a greener future for Saskatchewan and our entire planet!