Recycling Safely With SARCAN
Not only has SARCAN Recycling always been dedicated to the environment, we are also dedicated to the communities we serve and the people living in those communities (you!). Naturally, we had to come up with a way to allow the people of Saskatchewan to be able to visit SARCAN for recycling, while at the same time, keep them as safe as possible. Take a look below at the steps we have taken to ensure that you and your school can recycle safely!
- Expanding the frequency we clean our facilities, especially for surfaces that are frequently touched with hands, including countertops, doors, doorknobs, buttons, switches, handles, desks, tables and electronics.
- Dedicating more staffing time to regular cleaning of common surfaces
- Encouraging all customers to use hand cleaning and sanitizing available at SARCAN before they leave SARCAN facilities
- Adding extra resources to counter staff and cashiers, enabling them to clean surfaces more frequently.
- Enforcing cleaning of chutes and counter surfaces in-between each customer order received using a hard-surface disinfectant.
- Creating and maintaining a process to clean our Drop & Go screens, turnstiles, and equipment more frequently.
- We have marked out spaces on the floors of our depots to indicate where you can stand while in our SARCAN depots to ensure you are keeping a safe distance while being served and awaiting service
- We have created a new position in our teams, called the Recycling Guide, that is available to assist with the distancing and make sure everyone is situated safely in the line-ups
- SARCAN will be limiting the number of customers in our depots based on the size of our depots, the number of chutes at our depot, and the number of employees on duty. The maximum capacity is posted by the entrance on all of our depots
- We are encouraging only one adult recycler per family per trip to SARCAN to limit the amount of customers going through our depots. We ask that, if at all possible, you do not bring your children with you at this time. If you don bring children with you, please ensure that they are following all physical distancing rules.
- If you are using the normal line-up through the front, we also ask that you limit your returns to only as much as you are able to comfortably move through the line by yourself, with out needing multiple trips in and out of the depot (ie: back and forth to your vehicle)
- If you are using the Drop & Go, we ask that you limit your returns to only 15 pieces (bags and boxes) per trip.
- For more information on the limits, please see our website.
- Sort your containers by material type (aluminum cans in one bag, plastic containers in one bag, milk jugs in one bag, etc) to help us count containers as quickly as possible.
- Make sure you remove caps from all containers before coming in.
- Sort out any non-deposit materials and trash from your order before you visit.
- Sign up for a Drop & Go account to skip the line and spend a little less time in the SARCAN depots. You can register for your account right here! (and it only takes about 30 seconds!)
- We will try to be as flexible as possible to help you get your containers recycled. Our Recycling Guide will help you determine the best option between coming in through the front, using Drop & go, or dropping off your containers as a Bulk drop-off.
- If you do have a substantial amount of recycling, consider using Drop & Go or arranging for a Bulk drop-off.
If you have any other questions, feel free to contact us to get your answers!
We are super excited for another awesome SARCAN School year and we can't wait to see you in our depots, helping out the environment as you help out your school!
Be safe and Happy Recycling!